Sr. Product Manager - Hardware Digital Signal
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
The Sr. Product Manager - Hardware should have a technical background and be comfortable managing both software and hardware products. The Sr. Product Manager must spend time analyzing the market to understand customer needs and then translate that knowledge into a product vision that is articulated internally through a well-defined product roadmap, milestones and requirements. The Sr. Product Manager - Hardware will work with Engineering and Executive teams to execute the vision and will assist with tactical activities as needed to ensure the success of the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Product Manager will understand market problems and determine/prioritize product requirements
- Perform competitive analysis, articulate distinctive competence and define positioning
- Maintain the product roadmap and define/monitor product milestones
- Create and manage product requirements documents
- Program management and launch planning
- Communicate with management team and facilitate organizational buy-in for product initiatives
- Perform win/loss analysis, conduct customer interviews and distill customer feedback into product requirements
- Create presentations, collateral and provide support to sales and marketing
- Perform technology assessment and manage innovation
- Create and update the business plan
- Make buy/build/partner decisions and manage external partners
- Facilitate product testing and provide UI design and usability testing
- Lead and participate in RFP responses
SKills & Qualifications:
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience in related field.
- 8+ years of experience in product management roles ? must include hardware and software
- Experience developing database management software products, hosted applications, technical applications
- Negotiation, complex problem solving, conflict management experience
- Experience utilizing Agile software development (i.e. SCRUM) and traditional (i.e. waterfall) hardware development methodologies
- Partner/vendor building and management
- Ability to break down complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to champion opportunity with team members and leadership
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly expanding and changing environment
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people. Must be able to communicate to senior executives internally and externally
- Strong written, verbal and documentation skills. Ability to lead through influence.
- Ability to hold and conduct meetings in a time efficient manner resulting in desired outcome
- Good organization, multi-tasking, communication, time management and documentation skills
- Background in camera technology, security technology, video analytics
- Biometrics industry knowledge and experience
- User Interface (UI) design experience
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
||Chantilly, VA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED