Sr. Product Manager - Livestrong Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Product Manager - Livestrong
Product Development | Santa Monica, CA, United States
We're looking for an experienced product professional to join the LIVESTRONG.COM team, whose mission is to help people take charge of their health and fitness. To that end, LS.COM has an extensive collection of content specifically addressing people's questions about fitness, health, food and living a healthier lifestyle as well as free and paid tools and services -- such as the MyPlate Calorie Tracker, MyQuit Coach and Dares.
The Senior Product Manager will play a crucial role enhancing those products as well as dreaming up and launching new experiences and tools. Charged with both day-to-day management duties such as entering and prioritizing tickets in JIRA and monitoring core traffic trends as well as new initiatives, the Sr. Product Manager is involved with all phases of the product life cycle â€" from product strategy and vision to execution, launch and optimization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gather and prioritize product features
- Create product requirement documents
- Work closely with business partners, design and engineers to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of products that support our overall business strategy and goals
- Manage optimization, enhancements and ongoing growth of core products
We're looking for someone with a passion and drive to get things done (and do whatever is needed to move things forward). We want someone who puts the user first and strives to create products that aren't just good enough, but are best-in-class by focusing on what really matters to the users and cutting through the clutter to deliver that experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the overall development of the product vision and strategy, propose business cases for features and achieve team buy-in on priorities based on analysis of user needs, trends, competitive landscape and business models.
- Partner with other teams within Demand Media to grow and enhance our products.
- Work closely with sales to define, create and execute advertising opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in the health and fitness verticals in collaboration with a cross-functional team on competitive studies, best practice benchmarking, analysis, user research and site testing.
- Define detailed requirements, lead project implementation, coordinate cross-functional teams and drive time-to-market.
- Scope project strategies, initiatives, budgets and resources.
- Analyze, monitor and report on products against key success metrics and present plans for revising and improving performance.
- Drive ongoing product updates and user experience improvements to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- 5-7+ years experience conceptualizing and executing online products and applications with a demonstrated success in building market winning interactive products in a consumer-facing environment.â€‹
- Demonstrated background in managing the user experience design lifecycle including UX design, wireframing, comp development and user testing processes.
- Customer-focused mind-set.
- Experience with the full life cycle development.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and research skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills, communication skills and service orientation and be able to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people at all levels within Demand Media.
- Unique balance of disciplined strategic thinking, creative passion and a willingness to be extremely hands-on with all aspects of the product life cycle.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Additional Skills and Experience (Not required):
- Experience in health, fitness, lifestyle area of media/technology
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED