Sr Product Manager - Search Experience Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Do you want to drive the creation of a user experience the redefines how people interact with Big Data?
Splunk is looking for a product leader to own Core Search experience. In this role, you will define the user epics and stories that make Splunk the premier technology for analyzing machine data. You will focus on workflows and experiences that enable customers to make machine data useful and presentable. You will also act as the internal company expert on how Splunk compares competitively with other data-related analytics products and represent the company's core product strategy with key customers and partners.
This role requires passion and persuasion directed at solving issues faced by a diverse customer base through any and all means â€" product advocacy, field enablement, content creation or whatever it takes. We are looking for someone who can distill from a complex problem landscape actionable work and lead the team to get it done.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a product leader for the most disruptive technology in IT management and data analytics today. It's also an opportunity to join a team that is pioneering new approaches to product management to align effectively with agile development methodologies.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
As with any product management role in a fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering. Specific responsibilities include:
Note: Title will depend on the candidate's level of experience and fit for the position.
- Gathering requirements from customers, sales and support and driving ongoing prioritization of product investments
- Develop detailed personas, use cases and functional requirements to communicate these needs to engineering
- Driving roadmap, positioning, requirements and feature delivery for Splunk's core engine and user interface framework
- Collaborating with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- Serving as the subject matter expert for preparing data, refining it and ultimately presenting it in reports, dashboards and other visualizations.
Ideal candidates will have the following profile:
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Complementary Knowledge (pluses):
- Experience building GUI and/or web applications and designing user experience
- Experience and familiarity with BI products and services
- Experience with dashboard and portal design web interfaces
- Ability to write, defend and execute on business cases
- Proven ability to lead without authority
Education: Got it!
- Software development lifecycle methods (e.g. waterfall, Agile / scrum) and typical process steps
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience working with or as an IT professional
- Fluency in analysis of unstructured data sets
- App frameworks and portal markup syntax
- Web analytics products (Omniture, Google Analytics, etc) and/or web based BI tools
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) or â€œBig dataâ€ technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED