Sr. Project Manager / Scrum Master Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is a enterprise software company that provides the world's leading software to monitor, report and analyze gigabytes to terabytes of live streaming IT data on-premises or in the cloud. More than 4,000 customers in over 80 countries use Splunk to gain valuable insights from their IT data to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, increase compliance levels, and drive new levels of operational visibility through operational security and intelligence.
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business from Disney, Infoseek, Apple, Hyperion, Autodesk, Informix, Oracle, MSN and Yahoo, and have built some of the most innovative IT management products of the last decade at Business Objects, Collation, Mercury, Sun and Wily.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Splunk is seeking a Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master to help drive its development projects.
- Splunk utilizes a scrum-like Agile Development framework we call PEPP. In this role you will schedule and lead Sprint Plannings/Reviews, Daily Standups and various other team meetings. You will work closely with cross functional groups with members from Product Management, Design, Engineering, Docs, Education and Marketing. You will track and report KPIs on project/sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues.
- As a Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master at Splunk you will work closely with the Director of Project and Program Management. You will be responsible for multiple, simultaneous development projects and own planning, coordination, risk mitigation, organization and tracking of those projects through to deployment. You will coordinate release-to-market activities with Splunk's marketing and web development teams. You will coordinate development touch points with other internal groups, such as Solutions and Business Development. You will help to coordinate Splunk's Beta Programs and Usability activities during release.
Education: Got it!
- 7+ years experience in software project management or closely related roles, with at least 2 years working within an agile or scrum methodology.
- Must have experience managing multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross functional groups. Must have strong skills in critical tools including Excel, Powerpoint, issue tracking systems (Jira a plus), calendaring systems, source code control systems (Perforce a plus).
- Must understand software release processes for both downloadable and enterprise IT software.
- Must excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. Must be able to juggle multiple, competing priorities. Must be able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately. Must possess strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong sense of project ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends and deliver projects on time, with expected feature sets.
- Strong technical acumen is required, with basic knowledge of key web and software development technologies including HTML, XML, CSS, SQL, Java, .Net and Python. This knowledge doesn't need to be completely hands-on, but at a level of understanding required to manage development tasks and identify and resolve issues in development projects as they arise.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience
- SCRUM Master certification a plus.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED