Sr Research Scientist Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
Function in a service-based role, as a technical lead in high-visibility external research collaborations and service contracts. The position will involve development and application of novel Promega assay chemistries for cellular analysis.
Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated track record of technical proficiency and scientific creativity. In addition to being a technical lead, the qualified candidate will posess excellent communication skills and will manage long-term client relationships. A BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience, an MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience, or a PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment is required.
For general skill set requirements, refer to ?Mandatory Qualifications? section below. Additional skills preferred for this postition include:
Demonstrated success in performing as a technical lead in a research project. If the candidate has industry experience, indicate if/how this translated into a commercial success.
Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional team. This will also be more relevant for candidates with industry experience
Multiple peer-reviewed publications with primary authorship. This is preferred from candidates from industry, but a must for applicants from academia.
Technical proficiency with mammalian cell culture.
Technical proficiency with genetic reporter technologies. If a phone interview occurs, inquire as to which reporter technologies were used. If the candidate lists luciferase, this is a plus (but not a requirement).
Experience with DNA gene delivery techniques and establishing stable cell line.
Experience with cell signaling and signal transduction pathways. Ideal candidates will possess some knowledge of intervention of these pathways with small molecule inhibitors.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Involved in the scientific leadership of the company, i.e. management, mentoring, consensus building and/or act as technical expert in multiple areas of specialization. Apply scientific leadership to individual R&D Projects. Ability to execute and champion innovative research. Formulate an overall project strategy for experimental design in the context of experimental results and scientific literature.
1. Primary author for contributions to internal technical literature, abstracts, patents or journal articles.
2. Contribute to preparation or evaluation of patents.
3. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
4. Direct others on a designated project.
5. Independently develop project plans and manage project timelines.
6. Recognized as scientific expert in multiple areas of specialization and provide scientific leadership.
7. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
8. Work at bench.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||Madison, WI |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED