Sr. Sales Engineer, Business Development Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As a Splunk Sr. Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for Business Development activities. This is not your traditional sales engineering role where you go from demo to POC and repeat the process. The responsibilities and activities include building cutting edge proof of concepts, creating go-to-market content, supporting/staffing/speaking at partner events, evangelizing at the C-level, and then you get to use your sales engineering skills. One activity within Business Development includes working with outbound OEMs. This means you will need to be, or become, a Splunk expert so our partners can be successful with their solution. Other activities center around partnerships with systems integrators. You will be responsible for evangelism, enablement, and supporting proof of concepts for the SIs.
If you're shy, this gig isn't for you since you'll be asked to demonstrate Splunk apps and products to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and represent the company at field events such as conferences and trade shows. It's very likely that you'll need to travel to visit prospects, partners and customers, and to engage in onsite customer/partner work when required.
If you're tired of doing lame demos and POCs of yesterdays tired products but still enjoy being a rockstar SE, we should talk.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years relevant experience in selling enterprise software products to IT organizations and C-level officers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Background selling and supporting enterprise software sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- An all around geek: experience with management tools, network gears, servers, applications and other cool web technologies
- Domain expertise with security, compliance or network and application management is desirable
- Experience in successful startups in the areas of systems management, log management and security is strongly preferred
- Strong business and technical acumen is a must.
- Don't just talk, listen. You've got to be able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations (aka red tape)
- Effective at communicating clearly and comfortably to technical and business audiences
- Experience supporting large scale deployments and performing integration work through multiple product releases
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, and able to set, communicate, and meet aggressive deadlines and milestones
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- Strong experience administering and monitoring enterprise operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and Solaris
- A broad background in technical infrastructure, including servers, networking devices, and storage is very desirable
- Minimal travel is involved
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED