Sr. Sales Engineer, Calgary Canada Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As a Splunk Senior Sales Engineer, you'll be the primary technical sales resource for the Field Sales team. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and selection stages of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as map a customer's business needs to Splunk technology. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's staff.
Location: Candidate must be located in or Calargy Canada (we do not offer relocation)
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Present Splunk value proposition to customers.
- Understands the customer's business challenges and where possible determine how to use the Splunk platform to solve these challenges.
- Match Splunk solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 8+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Experience and familiarity with a variety of IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance is desirable
- Demonstrate strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- MUST live in/near Calargy, Canada (we are only considering local candidates and not offering relocation).
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline highly desired.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 6,000 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk has almost 1,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and regional headquarters in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||Candidate must be |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED