Sr. Sales Engineer, Dallas Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As a Splunk Sr. Sales Engineer (SE), you'll be the primary technical resource for the Field Sales team.
Location: Candidate must be located in the Dallas area.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services.
- Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customer's regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff.
- You must be able to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- You must be willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- You need to be organized and analytical, and be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
Requirements: I've already done that!
Education: Got it!
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is desireable.
- Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desireable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is the fastest growing and most pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of one of the most innovative, disruptive and successful companies in the software industry.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks' vacation.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||Candidate must be |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED