Sr. Sales Engineer (Microsoft Experience), NYC/NJ Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sales Engineer (Microsoft Experience)
Location: New York/New Jersey area
As a Splunk Sales Engineer (SE), you'll be the primary technical resource for the Field Sales team for the New York/New Jersey area. For this opportunity you'll use your Microsoft technology expertise and help grow our customer base.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Be the subject matter expert with Microsoft technologies (MS Windows Server, Domain Controller, Exhange or Sharepoint)
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- 10+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- MUST have experience using Microsoft technologies such as: MS Windows Server, Domain Controller, Exhchange or Sharepoint
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must live near NYC or New Jersey. Will consider candidates from Boston but more travel is required
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED