Sr. SEC Reporting Analyst Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. SEC Reporting Analyst â€" Foster City
Guidewire is growing our team in Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting to address growing reporting requirements while also working on special projects. The position reports to the Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting in Foster City. As a Sr. SEC Reporting Analyst, you will work closely with the SEC Reporting & Accounting Manager on both SEC filings, and equity accounting, as well as special projects as they arise.
Some of the experience and qualities we seek â€"
- Ideally experience and exposure to preparing SEC filings such as 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, 8-8K, S-8 and an understanding of how those reports are reviewed and accepted
- A minimum of 4+ years of progressive accounting experience. Public company experience strongly preferred. XBRL experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, proven ability to research accounting topics and help determine proper accounting treatment for a particular transaction.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on the company.
- Ability to work well independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA required.
So what will I be doing in the role?
- Assist in drafting SEC filings, including 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, 8-K and S-8. Primarily responsible for XBRL tagging of SEC filings as needed.
- Compile supporting documentation for all SEC filings and technical accounting matters from various departments within the organization.
- Assist with preparation of Audit Committee and Board communications related to SEC filings
- Responsible for equity accounting, including stock-based compensation. Prepare all related disclosures for SEC filings and account reconciliations.
- Prepare reporting schedules such as Cash Flow statement, WAS calculations, Statement of Stockholders Equity.
- Analyze new accounting pronouncements and impact on Guidewire. When applicable, assist teams in implementing new SOX-compliant accounting procedures as necessary.
- Assist with M&A transactions on an as-needed basis, including integration activities.
- Participate in monthly close process to ensure accrual and general ledger accuracy.
- Ad-hoc analysis & technical accounting projects as needed to support business needs.
What sets Guidewire's team apart?
Guidewire consistently receives public recognition for our employee collaboration and working environment. We achieve that through clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. We pride ourselves on our global culture and scope, and since a large portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required for not only this role but for other special projects. We especially value teamwork. We architected the team to work as a unit and not only as individual contributors. Your ability to get along and synthesize with your teammates is paramount to your success here.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
PRINCIPALS ONLY PLEASE â€" We are not accepting third party applicants at this time.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services