Sr. Software Developer (C/C++, Python, Go, Etc.) Curoverse
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED JOB DESCRIPTION
At Curoverse, you'll work on a small team of senior software engineers to build the Arvados platform and the Curoverse products that are based on Arvados.
- Program in Go and other modern programming languages (e.g. Ruby & Python)
- Work on hard distributed computing problems
- Use scrum in an agile, self-managed team of peers
- Develop big-data storage and analytical systems
- Help create a massive, in-memory, real-time query engine
- Contribute to a free/open source platform and community
- Help build a new foundation for modern medicine based on biomedical big data
You don't need prior expertise in genomics, medicine, or biomedical computing.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO...
- Loves writing code
- Works well in a small team of peers
- Has experience in a successful technology company
- Is experienced working with big data and distributed computing systems
- Has used multiple programming languages to build production systems
- Builds software in a modern stack (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.)
- Is comfortable working on open source projects
- Can work in a fast-paced startup environment (startup experience ideal)
ABOUT CUROVERSE, INC.
We're the investor-backed startup behind Arvados, the free software platform for managing, analyzing, and sharing genomic and other biomedical big data.
Our founding team brings together engineers and scientists from the Personal Genome Project at Harvard Medical School and experienced enterprise software entrepreneurs.
Arvados provides the computational and storage infrastructure for precision medicine -- healthcare that leverages the analysis of biomedical data to prevent, diagnose, and treat a wide range of diseases.
WHY WORK HERE
- Work that matters - Build software that will be the backbone of modern medicine.
- Hard problems - Solve hard, interesting software engineering problems in distributed computing and big data.
- Diverse tasks - We have a small team with a big project, so you won't be stuck working in some corner.
- Free software - All of our code is AGPLv3, except SDKs which are Apache 2.0.
- Sustainable lifestyle - Do great work and have time and energy for the other things life has to offer.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health/dental/vision, flexible time off, and other benefits you’d expect from a more established company.
We're only interviewing candidates who would be able to work in Boston if we were to hire them. (We're not able to pay for relocation, but you can always relocate yourself if you want to work with us.)
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Curoverse is building a distributed platform for managing and analyzing exascale genomic and biomedical data sets. All the software we develop is free and open source. Our systems will be deployed in hospitals and universities around the world to help treat diseases like cancer.
Beta Test / Clinical Trials
< 5M RaisedInvestors: Boston Global Ventures
, Converge Venture Partners
, Hatteras Venture Partners
, Point Judith Capital All Jobs: at Curoverse
|Headquarters:||332 Congress St.|
Boston, MA 02210
|Company Profile:||Curoverse is a recently funded venture-backed startup. The company was founded by the engineering team that created Arvados, senior scientific leadership from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School, and business leaders with more than 20 years of experience building successful enterprise software companies.
Our team is focused, ambitious, supportive, and, above all, we're excited by what we do. The environment is relaxed and fun, even as we meet our deadlines and stay focused on quick, quality completion of projects.
Every member of the team is expected to be an innovator, collaborator, champion for their ideas, dedicated to the power of self-organized groups.
If the above describes you and your passions, we'd love to hear from you|
Support Curoverse with Social Media services