Sr Software Developer PowerReviews
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
PowerReviews is the leading provider of social commerce software-as-a-service solutions. PowerReviews Essential Social Suite is the only solution to integrate the 3 key components of social success-Social Content, Social Engagement and Social Measurement- enabling companies to turn social activity into sales. Near Union Square and all types of transportation, our small team of talent represents diversity, innovative thinking and a will to succeed. We are committed to making end-to-end social solutions that blaze new trails for companies to design, market and sell their products.
We've got the Power and so should you!
- PowerReviews is live on over 5500 websites - across 15 languages in 21 countries - including Staples, Drugstore.com, Room & Board, ESPN, Quicksilver, and Jockey.
- Ranked 19th on LEAD411's 2012 Hottest Companies in San Francisco Award
- Customer Reviews Solution Leader in the Internet Retailer Top 500 survey, AlwaysOn Top 100 SaaS award winner, JMP Hot 100 award winner and one of 90 Facebook preferred vendors.
- Venture capital backing from Four Rivers Group, Woodside Fund, Menlo Ventures and Tenaya Capital.
- Two patents since 2009 from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (U.S. Patent No. 7,930,363) relating to the method in which it delivers user-generated product reviews to websites globally.
Senior Software Developer
As a senior member of our development team, you will design and develop software to achieve high performance, scale, and stability within the context of our infrastructure, business practices, market pressures, and planning cycles. You must be comfortable taking ownership of projects and processes, and be able to work closely with business owners to drive projects from conception to completion. You should have a deep understanding of Java web development, database modeling and design and scalable web architectures. You will be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle, from specification to design, coding, and deployment
- Develop robust software and designs
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish, working with business owners to deliver requirements on target and schedule
- Be responsible for the quality of your code with thoughtful design, unit testing and automated functional testing
- Participate in and contribute to peer code reviews
- Proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and introduce us to new development techniques and tools that can improve our practices
The 'nice-to-have stuff'...
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with web application development
- 3+ years experience with Java development
- Proficient in data structures and algorithms
- Writing beautiful code that is well documented and modular
- In-depth experience with modern Java frameworks and tools including MVC, Spring, Hibernate
- Strong experience with database design and performance optimization
- A genuine passion for the web, new technologies, and open source software
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A knack for balancing architectural decisions with the realities of our technology base and business strategies
- An ability to find the right tools for the job, independent of technology religion
- Experience working with massive data sets
- Hadoop or similar frameworks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED