Essential duties and responsibilities:
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test will perform following duties:
- Participate in the Scrum planning sessions. Analyze the requirements and help with defining the acceptance criteria for the features that are being developed.
- Work closely with the Product team to understand their expectations of how a feature would function.
- Work in tandem with the developers to write integration tests in the Spock and Geb testing framework.
- Organize feature demos for the Product and Engineering leadership team.
- Work with the release engineers to automate the execution of the acceptance tests in Jenkins (our continuous integration server).
- Maintain and deploy builds to the QA environment.
- Work with the Operations team to debug acceptance testing failures that are related to the testing environment.
- Actively participate in code reviews conducted by the developers.
- Actively monitor post-release metrics to identify any defects that may have slipped through the cracks.
- Be the first point of contact for any defects found in Production. If a defect is found in Production, developers and testers are expected to write tests that expose the defect before any fix is attempted.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new techniques that will help us deliver high-quality features faster.
- Improve, maintain, and execute automated functional, regression, acceptance and performance testing codebase.
- Maintain a solid understanding of QA workflows, automation best practices, and agile methodologies.
- Maintain proficiency in application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the Technology department.
- Mentor junior members of the team and provide training and support.
- Take a lead role in QA Roadmap initiatives.
Qualification and Special Skills Required:
(1) Master degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field + 2 years of experience as software engineer/intern, software automation engineer, technical QE, or related field, OR Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field + 5 years of experience as software engineer/intern, software automation engineer, technical QE, or related field. (2) 2 years of experience in Java, Oracle (PL/SQL), agile methodologies, Hadoop, Bug tracking tools (Bugzilla or JIRA), and UI test automation using Selenium.
Mail resume to eHarmony Inc 2401 Colorado Ave A200 Santa Monica CA 90404 Attn: Ashlee B Job # 301 C