Sr. Software Engineer, Application and Infrastructure Security Splunk
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk Cloud engineering team is seeking for a highly talented and motivated security engineer to drive initiatives that protect the security of the data indexed by Splunk engines in the cloud or elsewhere. This is a high impact role with a high profile team, offering the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in an environment that encourages big ideas and radical new approaches. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Identifies new security threats by conducting penetration testing, log analysis and vulnerability assessments;
- Evaluates and recommends on procedures used to mitigate risks.
- Develop auditing methodologies and architecture to manage and protect data in cloud computing environments.
- Participates in the development of software/network security procedures and guidelines on information security.
- Provides training to junior staff on the latest technologies and products
- Has heard/used/developed Whitehat, Nessus, MFA, Key escrow, SOC2 Type 1 and type2, ISO 27001
- Our cloud engineering team works with the Ops teams to solve security challenges at massive scale, and builds tools to automate the auditing and operation of infrastructure built on top of AWS. We are looking for super-smart software and systems professionals to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about solving security problems with an innovative approach to the solution. This person thrives and succeeds in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. The ideal candidate has broad and deep technical knowledge, typically ranging from front-end UIs through to back-end systems and all points in between. He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Demonstrate high capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and effective.
- Key Focus Areas: Recognize, adopt, utilize and teach best practices in security engineering: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response.
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in any of the following software development, network engineering, systems engineering, cryptography or a combination of all
- Experience with Linux operating system development (at the kernel or device driver level), network protocols and hardware virtualization technologies
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability Programming in C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby Internet and operating system security fundamentals
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Education: Got it!
- BS in Computer Science or related field minimum of 5 years' experience with security engineering: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.