Sr. Software Engineer - Content Publishing Systems Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Software Engineer - Content Publishing Systems
Engineering | Austin, TX, United States
Senior Software Engineer - Content Publishing Systems
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
Plus, you'll get to work in the lovely SoCo neighborhood of Austin, at our offices in the former Austin Opera House, Willie Nelson's old music venue. (Yes, we still have the stage.) Lunch at Threadgill's, Doc's Motorworks, Home Slice, or any of a dozen funky food trailers could be a daily event for you.
Demand Media, Inc. is seeking a Server Side software engineer for its Austin office.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of designing and writing excellent code and are encouraged to bring code samples for discussion. An ideal candidate will have experience with high-performance, high-scale web applications, test-driven development, and web concepts such as JSON, HTTP, HTML, and REST.
Many of our systems are built in Amazon-EC2, so candidates could get exposure to large data systems such as this.
- Develop new and modify existing functionality to fulfill feature requirements
- Write, unit test, debug, and troubleshoot critical online software applications
- Work on a small team of highly motivated software developers and testers to develop software components and iterate them
- Work with a product organization to help define features that will aid the business goals of Demand Media
- Work to improve the efficiency and functionality of existing software solutions
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into new systems and products
- Collaborate with other teams and facilitate integrations
- Resolve issues with speed and quality as bugs have an immediate, direct business impact
- 4 â€" 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong experience in Python is preferred, but a solid background in other languages (Java, .NET, C++) may transfer
- Some experience with Object-Oriented Programming (at least 1+ year experience)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced environment with multi-located teams.
- BS in one of: CS, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, Statistics or Physics. Advanced degrees a plus. Or related experience
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
- Experience with Distributed Systems/Cloud computing
- Experience in a Web application development environment strongly preferred
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with SQL Server RDBMS
- Experience working in an agile environment
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED