Sr. Software Engineer TubeMogul, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Engineer / Architect Emeryville, CA
Join a team building a highly scalable system that makes over 100,000+ decisions per second and reports the results in real-time. TubeMogul's PlayTime platform is the first video advertising technology of its kind. It makes real-time decisions about which ads to serve and dynamically adapts to advertiser preferences, user responsiveness, and changes in the marketplace.
Candidates should have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for working on high-performance, "Big Data" systems. In the role, you would be working with a Java application stack that leverages open-source tools like Zookeeper, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Couchbase.
Candidates will at least be familiar with the technologies we are using but may not have had the opportunity to acquire deep experience in previous job settings. However, you should have a true passion for technology that is apparent in your work and/or personal projects.
Engineering roles at TubeMogul are not rigid. Developers interested in developing skills outside of their core competency are often rotated into projects that interest them.
- Design and maintain a robust and fault tolerant real-time bidding system
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements (a.k.a. stay ahead of possible scalability bottlenecks)
- Work with machine learning team to implement optimizations to increase campaign effectiveness
- Mentor junior developers (i.e. demonstrate good coding practices and helping them architect code smartly)
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Exercise good judgment about which tools to use and when to use them
- Extensive Java experience and solid Linux/Unix skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
TubeMogul was recently listed as #141 on Inc. Magazine's list of the 500 Fastest Growing Companies in the US.
We are the only video marketing company built for branding. We integrate real-time media buying, ad serving, targeting, optimization and brand measurements into a single solution; TubeMogul simplifies the delivery of video ads. We are a cohesive group of overachievers determined to deliver the potential the internet offers to brand advertising. TubeMogul was recently named best Video Ad Platform by Streaming Media and recognized by the San Francisco Times as one of the fastest growing companies.
Compensation / Perks:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. You'll love a challenging work environment; A-player colleagues, momentum, strong leadership and clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, bonus program, choice of windows or Mac laptop, flat screen monitors, sunny office with outdoor patio, in-office game room, food and lots more!
Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work only.
No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.
||Emeryville, CA 94608 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED