Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack Ruby/Rails MojoPages, Inc
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED MojoPages is local search directory that helps people find the best businesses possible. Launched in 2007, MojoPages applies real-time social media trending and reviews from across the web to help people find the best businesses possible. Locate what businesses are trending NOW in your area and across the country. MojoPages also helps you figure out what neighborhoods are best suited to you. If you're traveling to a new destination or just want to explore new businesses in your area the app we are creating will be the one for you.
We are small motivated team, VC funded and Profitable since Q3 of 2011.
We are building on Ruby/Rails with an agile process. We believe in fast development cycles, clean architecture, test driven code, contributing to open source, and daily production pushes.
We are looking to expand our team with someone who is ready to tackle the challenges of building scalable consumer real-time social trending and review apps. Are you up for handling the challenges we'll throw at you?
About the role
Our product integrates with social media platforms and business directories. We've built the 1.0 version proving the model and now need to build out the 2.0 version that will really provide consumers with unique value.
We have a fun dev process that uses Lean Startup principles, and a flat structure-everyone is an owner.
We have a small but extremely impactful team. We solve problems aggressively, learn a ton along the way and have a lot of fun doing it.
We need someone who will:
- Build multiple integration points for social media platforms and business directory services using Ruby/Rails
- Work on a big system with many servers; and terabytes social and business data points
- Has used or looking forward to using ElasticSearch to create a search experience
- Has done API integrations with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Knowledge of Sass or Less and HAML
- Use the latest technology to design distributed, service oriented applications-everything we do is scalable
- Want to build something BIG that people actually use
- Participate in the business and aggressively solve problems
- 10+ years of experience, or equivalent
- Fun to work with
More about MojoPages
Values - Our culture is built on transparency and the need to improve the daily experience for consumers finding local businesses. We believe in taking ownership of what we do, learning continuously and celebrating our wins together.
- Competitive salary and stock options at a profitable company
- An incredible team to work with
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401 (k) with matching
- Flexible vacation and sick days
This is a local position in San Diego, CA, please no remote workers or recruiters. Send us your github account or some code!
- Please link to your public LinkedIn profile (the link that probably has some version of your name in it. It's usually shown below your LinkedIn profile picture from your profile page.)
- How many years of experience do you have as a developer?
- Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer?
- Do you currently live within commuting distance to San Diego, UTC/Sorrento Valley?
- Describe and/or link to interesting projects that you have done.
- What have you built for consumer use? (If you've built something scalable or involving lots of data, high availability and traffic tell us about that project.)
- What do you expect in a startup environment (good and bad)?
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Local search directory that helps people find the best businesses in a specific geographic area.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Austin Ventures All Jobs: at MojoPages, Inc
|Headquarters:||San Diego, CA 92121|
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Mojopages is a Local search directory that helps people find the best businesses possible by applying real-time social media trending and reviews from across the web. Locate which businesses are trending NOW in your area and across the country. This product also helps you figure out which neighborhoods are best suited to you whether you're traveling to a new destination or just want to explore new businesses in your area.
Support MojoPages, Inc with Social Media services