Sr. Software Engineer (Python Social Platform) Chief People
Our Client is a social technology company helping enterprises unlock the viral potential of Facebook ads. We provide a fully managed solution that delivers performance by amplifying the power of authentic social recommendations with paid media. Our team is highly analytical with strong quant backgrounds, bringing a focus on data, performance, and personalized service to all our clients. We work with a number of Fortune 500s, including Samsung, MasterCard, Kellogg's, and LivingSocial, delivering scale and efficiency across performance objectives ranging from product awareness, engagement, and customer acquisition.
Do you work best when surrounded by intelligent, ambitious, and humble people? Do you have a get-it-done attitude? Do you want to help shape the way social evolves in 2013 and beyond? Do you want to develop applied analytics on big data for hyper-personalization, efficient bidding and virality by leveraging massive data sets including the 1Bn+ users on Facebook?s Open Graph?
The ideal candidate will have outstanding programming skills, business acumen, and the ability to come up with creative ideas and transform them into high-quality software solutions. You are proficient in our technology stack, which includes Python, Django, Celery, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, and Linux, and can pick up new technologies quickly as we evolve. We value innovation and ownership, and we have succeeded by staying nimble and taking smart risks, while always learning to improve ourselves every day.
What you?ll bring
- Expert in Python and its libraries including Django & Celery
- Solve complex problems with innovative and elegant design and deliver robust functionality on time
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, HBase)
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) and ability to write efficient queries with optimal structures
- Competently evaluate scalability trade-offs (memory, disk IO, CPU) for high volume systems
- Knowledge of OOP and scalable design patterns
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor (enjoy the journey)
- Knowledge of the Facebook APIs (Open Graph, Ads)
- Experience with Machine Learning & Recommendation Systems (NumPy, PyTables, NumPy, SciPy)
- SCRUM / Agile development practices
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision premium coverage for all employees and dependents, Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending/Dependent care and Commuter/Parking benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Daily catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Discounted gym and ZipCar memberships
- Game room with pool, ping pong, basketball, and Wii... including all NBA and NFL games
- Located in SOMA in San Francisco close to CalTrain and Bart?and a bike rack in the office
||San Francisco, CA |