Sr. Staff Engineer - Hardware Sustaining Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Sustaining Hardware Engineer will be part of a team whose primary responsibility will be testing and analyzing field and production failures that are too complex for the RMA or Mfg teams to diagnose. The Sustaining team will also be responsible for testing alternate suppliers for components on shipping designs in an effort to reduce costs or improve performance. The Sustaining team members will also have the opportunity to participate in the design and qualification of new products.
Typical duties include; developing test plans, component qualification criteria, designing circuits, schematic capture, simulation, and most importantly, validating the design in the lab, under environmental stress and in the field. You will interact with cross-functional teams such as; PCB Designers, Mechanical Engineers, Product Verification teams, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Program Management.
- Experience with test development, circuit validation, and debug
- Facilitate and identify opportunities for the second source or component substitution to provide cost reduction, reliability and quality improvement.
- Provide technical backup for alternate sourcing recommendations, such as identifying relevant specification differences and board design changes required, and providing the interface with the supplier's design team.
- Apply written specifications, performance requirements and quality inspection criteria.
- Collaborate with component suppliers, development engineers, and manufacturing.
- Participate in the rapid development of industry environmental compliance requirements (ROHS/WEEE) at the up-stream supply chain management to ensure full compliance pertaining to lead elimination and reduction of hazardous substances in electronics products.
- Provide technical support to Operations team as needed to resolve manufacturing problems related to component performance, component handling requirement & process.
- Maintain component data management system including qualification records/results/documentation.
- Quantifiable experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and constraint management
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and automate software tools to validate diagnostics software. Requires hands-on test automation and programming experience
- Strong expertise and experience in Networking Technology and Applications.
Required (Must-Have) Qualifications:
- BSEE or MSEE with 3+ years of relevant hardware experience
- Strong understanding of electronic and mechanical components and their functionality
- Should have some knowledge & experience in scripting using TCL;
- Experience in using Thermal chambers manual & automated methods
- Experience in qualification activities like DVT, EMI / EMC
- Hands on experience on traffic generators like IXIA, Spirent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment with members of engineering and supply chain organizations
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED