Sr. Staff Engineer - Platform/OS Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is THE leading network security company. Our market is the network security market and consists of enterprises, government entities, and service providers. It is an $11Bn market globally. Our next-generation network security solutions safely enable applications, prevent threats, simplify network security infrastructure, and reduce costs. They do so at high speed and with great flexibility.
As a member of the Platform/OS software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will participate in the design and development of our next-generation firewall platforms. Responsibilities will include build and packaging infrastructure, new hardware bringup, drivers, and definition and development of system software to provide a consistent environment for feature development.
As a platform engineer, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test. This includes developing functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in system level bringup, debug, and support.
Candidate should have an interest in hardware, system software, networking, and have experience with embedded software and/or low-level linux kernel software development
- Experience with build systems and tools such as gmake, autoconf, rpm, and cross compile environments
- Experience with coding for multiple build target architectures
- Expert level C coding skills.
- Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture are pluses
- Experience developing device drivers and/or Linux kernel development
- Experience with networking hardware and familiarity with physical networking technologies and hardware bus protocols
- New hardware bringup experience
- Strong scripting skills with bash and python
- Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Previous experience in a leadership role on a successful project is highly desired
- Minimum 3 years of related programming experience required
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED