Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
- Plan, organize, direct and perform all supplier quality related activities within supply chain team for assigned commodities, including identification of risk and mitigation.
- Must have an advanced understanding of the procedures and practices of the Supplier Quality Assurance Field and Production Part Approval Process ensuring procured product meets drawings, specifications, processes and requirements.
- Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance.
- Perform and/or participate in source qualification by performing quality and manufacturing system surveys and special process surveys.
- Perform troubleshooting with supplier to resolve issues as required. Status and approve SCAR responses to supplier quality issues and verify the effectiveness of supplier actions on subsequent product inspections/receipts/visits.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 Years Supplier Quality experience.
- Background in manufacturing and design environment.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Assembly Acceptability - IPC 610, 620, SAE, ANSI, SAE, ASTM, and J-STD-001 are helpful.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- SQE Qualifications.
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Word, Access and Excel. 30-40% travel, some travel may be expected on short notice.
- Exceptional ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.