Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile
Tesla Motors is seeking a Sr. System Validation engineer. This engineer should have a strong technical background in validation of complex electromechanical systems incorporating heavy software content and deployed in safety-critical applications. This engineer will be responsible for design and execution of validation tests for systems in Tesla vehicle and powertrain programs. This role will be broad and will include requirements definition and analysis, working in conjunction with engineers to set pass/fail criteria, invention of test methods and means of tracking results. This engineer must be passionate about validation, must be a strong critical thinker with great fluency understanding technical system-level architecture and issues.
- Be responsible for system validation for specific functional areas within Tesla's vehicle and powertrain programs.
- Develop test plans, test code and some hardware, instrumentation and software tools, validation processes, and coverage assessment metrics to track testing relative to program milestones.
- Execute functional tests, validation tests and regression tests for systems
- Manage technicians who will execute validation tests
- Develop new validation means including efficient manual in-vehicle tests, test hardware, test software, data analysis, automated test protocols and hardware.
- Establish interactions with other engineering teams and maintain collaborative process for generating approved validation plans which address stated (and unstated) requirements
- Debug systems test results
- BS degree in EE, CS, ME, Systems, or similar
- Minimum 5 years experience as Validation Engineer or as development engineer with responsibility for component or system validation
- Fluency with current technology and software tools for used for validation of complex systems
- Technical depth of experience with system-level requirements definition, DFMEA, validation of systems involving networked microprocessors and complex control of electromechanical devices.
- Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, measurement techniques, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/his team and peers within the engineering organization
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to revolutionary product development.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Passion for making excellent new products and for using validation as a means for enabling an engineering organization to achieve outstanding quality, reliability and excellence in Tesla's products.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to make a real difference in the environment by changing the paradigm of human transportation.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|