Linux & VMware:
Primary responsibilities include performing system administration on Linux and VMware servers as well as providing support for web based applications. You will work closely with the production services & engineering teams supporting full project life cycles in a high availability environment across multiple datacenters.
Other responsibilities will include patching, deployment, and upgrades for new systems, applications, databases, and platforms. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting system backup and recovery, performance tuning, capacity planning, and for creating and maintaining system documentation.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an individual who is flexible and can successfully manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will also be able to apply judgment, confidence, and initiative in anticipating and meeting the requirements of the team and business on a daily basis.
- System/Application Platforms: Linux, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL), VMware, Puppet, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Ruby, Java, Jetty, JVM, LDAP, DNS
- Hardware: Dell, HP, Blade Servers
- Database: MySQL, Oracle, Oracle RMAN
- Storage: EMC, Dell
- Backup: Data Domain, NetBackup
- Monitoring: Nagios, OEM, Nimsoft
- Must have strong understanding of Operational processes and best practices to support web based applications across multiple sites.
- Experience and familiarity with ITIL process and practice is preferred
- Ability to multitask and work well in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem ownership skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers - internal and external, to negotiate an exceptance criteria for problem resolution.
- Direct experience with delivering SaaS solutions and managing virtualized infrastructure
- Self-starter who is innovative and motivated to succeed
- BS in Computer Science or related work experience
|Location:||San Mateo, CA |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403