Sr. Systems Administrator Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are looking for a Sr. System Administrator to help support our mix of public and private cloud infrastructure. This person will join a team that is responsible for setting up and maintaining servers and storage systems at our data center at Equinix using a combo of VMware and bare metal as well as at Amazon EC2. These compute systems run our website, Splunk instances for production and testing, demo environments, and business development environments. This is a great time to join us, help us run our current compute offerings, and explore new technology and approaches for the future.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Help review/create tools, procedures, methods to maintain a reliable and scalable compute environment
- Gather requirements and spec solutions to meet needs
- Gather quotes and place orders with vendors
- Rack servers at data center when needed
- Install servers on VMware, at Amazon EC2, and on bare metal. Server OS's are a mix of Linux (80%) and Windows (20%).
- Assist with security hardening, patch management, and other security related activities
- Follow change management process
- Proactively monitor systems for performance/capacity and manage growth needs
- Perform server hardware & software troubleshooting when needed
- Manage and add systems via configuration management system (Chef, Puppet)
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Participate in off-hours emergency support rotation
- 7+ years experience as a system administrator, doing installs and troubleshooting issues
- 4+ years of VMware experience
- 4+ years working with SAN/NAS enterprise storage
- Amazon EC2 experience a big plus
- Experience with a variety of hardware: Dell, HP, Cisco UCS, Netapp
- Ability to create and maintain shell scripts (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience with enterprise-scale backup software like CommVault
- Splunk experience a big plus
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems and a track record of being innovative
Education: Got it!
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED