Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer for our Battery Integration Team.
- Support multiple battery programs during engineering, development, production.
- Provide engineering support of batteries delivered to customers or used in external programs: documents problems from the field, investigates root cause, helps find containment and solution, communicates problems to drive future designs.
- Develop design requirements and product/component specifications based on application needs.
- Coordinate and conduct design verification testing at component and vehicle/application level with a focus on serviceability/reliability.
- Conduct system integration activities within the vehicle/end application, addressing system interactions, tradeoffs and compromises
- Contribute to the development of battery control software algorithms and service tools
- Perform FMEA and similar activities to inform individual design efforts
- Characterize battery performance to understand typical behavior for diagnostic purposes
- Develop and document procedures for use, handling, charging, storage, shipment of the battery pack
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years experience in a related industry
- Expertise in resolution of customer/field issues, automotive or complex systems a plus
- System integration experience, defining interfaces, requirements, specifications
- Experience with complex mechanical/electrical systems
- Strong analytic problem solving skills, using suitable tools
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Resourceful, have strong attention to detail, excellent interaction skills, and capable of working across various departments (including manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, and service)
- Experience of system/component delivery within a APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc). Reliability engineering experience a plus
- Regulatory compliance and testing (SAE, FMVSS, etc) a plus
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, AR |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|