Sr. Technical Buyer Digital Signal
Job Description :
Digital Signal Corporation is seeking a Sr. Technical Buyer for their Chantilly, VA location.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
The role of the Sr. Technical Buyer will interact with multiple DSC departments as well as vendors and contractors, and will contribute to the financial success of the company by utilizing best practices in procurement planning. Qualified candidates must be able to work well in a small company atmosphere and handle multiple responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the supplier base, Develop new suppliers, improve and strengthen current relationships.
- Manage the purchasing of materials and components from Domestic/International Suppliers
- Specifying and maintaining necessary MRP/IT systems required to support material needs and critical KPI?s.
- Conduct supplier reviews to enhance relationship management.
- Continuously reduce costs of procured products through value engineering and continuous improvement.
- Management of RFQ processes as well as manage all past due orders;
- Order confirmations, delivery tracking, and RMA submission/tracking
- Weekly reporting ? Savings report, PO status report & management of MOQ and lead-times for materials; expedites and delays deliveries as required;
SKills & Qualifications:
- 10 years minimum related experience in Procurement in the High-Tech electronics industry
- 4 year Degree preferably in Engineering or Business.
- Must be an experienced negotiator to achieve best; Quality, Cost and Delivery, in fair but controlled supplier relationship.
- Commodity/Category experience with Electronics (PCB?s), Electronic components, Electromechanical, Mechanical assemblies required.
- Must have an excellent command of the English language in verbal and writing skills
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Experience with vendor managed inventory & or consignment programs.
- Proficient in the utilization of ERP systems within the purchasing function.
- Experience with sourcing in other regions of the world.
- Value Engineering/Cost Reduction experience highly preferred.
- Lean Process Experience
- Experience with either Epicor or SAP ERP systems
||Chantilly, VA |