Sr. Technical Consultant Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Technical Consultant
Professional Services | Austin, TX, United States
Demand Media is looking for a candidate to join our Austin, TX â€" based Professional Services team, deploying and helping customers implement social media applications utilizing our Pluck Social Solutions product suite. This is an immediately available, full-time position as a Sr. Professional Services Implementation Engineer (Technical Consultant). Ideally, we are looking for a senior-level candidate for this position, but may consider candidates with less experience as well. This person will work directly with customers as a product expert and technology specialist from initial pilot to full customer production rollout. All customers will be trained on our platform, capabilities, implementation options, and taken through code-level guidance to fully integrate the product with their website. We work with some of the largest brands on the planet and this is a highly customer facing role. Our customers love to build out unique and compelling implementation of community-related elements using our product and platform, and this position puts you in the driver's seat of being able to guide, develop and deliver these solutions. You will get some amazing experience and have your solutions touched by millions of people world-wide!
- Customer-facing participation during integration of enterprise-class Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Hands-on implementation, configuration, and development guidance and training
- Technical customization of systems, data migration, client-side and server-side development guidance, and integrations with third-party systems
- Working with customers to define technical design requirements
- Consulting with customers on solution best practices and providing technical guidance
- Developing custom code to extend or integrate systems as needed to meet customer requirements
- Developing on time, on budget and in scope business solutions for customers
- Working with sales team pre-sales as technology & product expert. Also helping with sales demos / prototypes.
You have direct experience either working in a professional services organization or other highly client-facing roll. You're a professional web application developer/software engineer who knows programming, whether you learned it academically, professionally, or by hacking on your own. While you may have a wide-set of development technology experience, you have familiarity and experience working up and down the technology stack. You are well versed in a wide variety or technologies, languages, systems, frameworks and tool sets. You make it your sole purpose in life to absorb every nugget of information you possibly can about the products and technologies you work on to quickly become a master product and technology guru. While your experience and skills are diverse, you keep a laser focus on producing experiences that deliver joy to the end-user and customer simultaneously. You have experience working with a wide range of departments and levels of management and work well both as an individual and team contributor. You problem solve constantly, iterating continuously on improving process, communication, and technology while keeping the big picture in the forefront of your mind at all times.
- 5+ years in customer-facing roll in professional services or equivalent
- Strong customer-facing skills and solid communication skills â€" both written and verbal
- Outstanding problem solving skills with attention to detail and ability to think creatively about issues in order to find resolution
- Orientated around the details that make a front-end user experience extremely useable and memorable
- Solid experience in at least one server-side language, but preferably experience on multiple (Java, PHP, .NET, Python). (Experience around outbound server-to-server HTTP requests a plus.)
- Ability to travel to customer locations up to 30% nationwide
Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in industry in a programming or software development function
- Ability to take mockups and deliver fully functioning web-pages from them. Experience working with image tools (Photoshop, etc) and converting to HTML, CSS and optimized images (sprites, etc)
- Mobile web skills (mobile optimization, native apps, iOS SDK, Android, HTML5, etc)
- C# .NET developer experience
- Experience working with Software-as-a-Service applications
- Technical Support Engineer/Analyst experience
- Repo experience using SVN and GIT
- Testing & Debug tools (Firebug, Developer Tools, etc).
This position may be based out of our Austin, TX office located off of S. Congress and Riverside area. Ability to travel to client locations in the US infrequently may be required (maybe 10% or less travel).
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED