Sr. Technical Instructor (changed from OOD Instructor) Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Can you teach as well as you code?
Guidewire Professional Services is growing our Education Consulting team based on strong global demand. We would like to find an experienced OOD instructor, trainer or implementation consultant with an interest in delivering training on product configuration and integration to Guidewire customers and staff. This role serves as a customer facing position representing Guidewire Software.
The successful OOD Instructor is expected to become proficient in how our products can be configured and how integrations can be implemented between our products and other systems. The instructor will provide training to Guidewire customers and partners. He or She is expected to work closely with other Guidewire trainers and curriculum developers to keep abreast of product capabilities, to contribute to improvements in our training materials and review new training materials before they are finalized for delivery.
The OOD instructor can be based in one of our entities in EMEA (England, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Italy, or France), and will travel to customer sites in EMEA. Travel up to 80%.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will need:
experience in technical skills to include:
Some of the essential training skills needed are:
- Java, or C#, or similar OO language at least three years of the last five or six. This means regularly working with the language, writing at least some code for a significant portion of the three years.*
- Experience developing code to submit and retrieve messages using a messaging bus such as JMS or ActiveMQ or MQSeries. This requirement applies to candidates with either Java or C# backgrounds.
- Understanding of XML, how its structure is controlled and the tools used to generate and parse XML documents.
- Understanding of how web services work from a technical perspective. Understands how to consume web services including retrieval of WSDL, generation of client code using tools such as APACHE AXIS, CXF, Glue, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL or some other commercially available or open source RDBMS. Able to write simple to moderately complex SQL queries to retrieve, update, or insert rows. Familiar with joins. Understands data modeling concepts, and the ideal candidate would have some experience in database design in a business application environment.
- For each of the specifications above, The specific tool, database, etc. is not important - the concepts involved are. The tools mentioned are just the most commonly used.
- Experience with packaged software implementations having been involved in an at least one implementation project as contributor in either a development resource, project manager, or business analyst role. The specific product or industry is not critically important. Would consider similar experience in a custom development environment while working on a large project using modern architectures, tools, and operating environments.
The ideal candidate may speak English as well as one or more of the following languages: Italian, Polish, German or Spanish.
- strong oral and written communication skills;
- ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete exercises;
- demonstrated ability to efficiently work with customers;
- previous experience with complex enterprise application software;
- demonstrated ability to teach business, configuration and integration concepts for software products;
- prior training experience with business process software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, Ariba or SAP n-tier web architected solutions, and
- a flexible enthusiastic approach to work.
Desired skills/experience include:
- background as a trainer at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent;
- background in enterprise software consulting - at least 7 years experience;
- understanding of property and casualty insurance with a preference towards claim or underwriting experience.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services