Sr. Testing Consultant Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Professional Services is seeking an Implementation Testing Architect to help us develop a framework for testing the changes our customers are making as part of their implementation of our products and to assist our customers in implementing the framework contribute to the testing effort. The testing framework will focus on the areas of unit, system, user acceptance and performance testing, and the Implementation Testing Architect will need to be able to help our customers define their test plans and strategy, and assist in developing test scripts in each testing area.
The Guidewire professional services team serves the customer on-site from Monday morning through Thursday afternoon, and then works remotely from home on Friday.
Guidewire Professional Services staffs our implementation projects with small teams of senior level consultants to help our customers implement our products using an Agile implementation methodology. The Implementation Testing Architect will be a part of this team and mentor the customer resources in the different areas of testing and the tools we have built our framework upon.
Our projects are complex and can last from three months to two years depending on the specific customer requirements. During a project, the team will identify customer business requirements, configure the Guidewire application to meet those requirements, integrate the Guidewire application to other internal or external systems, and assist with the testing of those business requirements. Guidewire consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client business and technical teams.
Guidewire applications are highly configurable to the requirements of each client, and require a thorough understanding of the objectives and requirements of the client. Key activities for Implementation Testing Architects include:
Required Skills / Experience â€" All
- Assisting in the development or refinement of Guidewire's Agile Testing Framework and Methodology.
- Partnering with client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Assisting the client in defining an overall testing approach leveraging Guidewire's Agile Testing Framework for all areas of testing (Unit, System, User Acceptance, Performance)
- Estimating the effort required to test the customer implementation of our product
- Helping customers determine what level of automation will yield benefits and where to focus their test automation efforts
- Writing automated tests (not just record/playback)
- Mentoring client resources in writing automated unit tests
- Writing performance tests and scripts for data generation required for performance tests
- Assisting client with exploratory testing
- Mentoring Guidewire clients successfully on how to use the testing tools with Guidewire products.
- Assisting clients with managing the testing process with respect to test case development and execution and issue management
- Professional consulting experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Experience in using different testing tools (jUnit, FIT, Selenium, QTP, LoadRunner, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients
- Experience developing test cases from business requirements and process flows
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure, and test software products
- Technical skills to understand the configuration and integration capabilities available in our products
- Understanding of relational database concepts, and other skills involved with testing an advanced web application
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn a new product and a new business domain
- Experience working with agile frameworks / agile project work.
- Background as a Testing Architect/Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers
- Prior business process and testing experience with enterprise-wide configurable software such as PeopleSoft, Siebel, or SAP.
- Experience with n-tier web architected solutions
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company
- Programming experience with Java or an equivalent Object Oriented language
- Experience in testing systems in the Property and Casualty insurance industry
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is a public company traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
||United States, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services