Sr. UI Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. UI Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
The EHOW.COM team is looking for that rare developer who can transcend all positions related to the user experience on the Web. From working with designers and developers, to marketing and product development, you will be the glue that puts it all together. You will work with dedicated team members, integrating and building rich, fun interfaces. You'll get to work with internal platform APIs and external APIs like Facebook and Google, build cool sliders, galleries, and see projects come to fruition within weeks if not days. Our team is fast and agile and you'll see the direct impact of your work on revenue.
- Convert PSD's into clean and easy to maintain HTML 5 and CSS.
- Participate in the design and development of new UI functionality for web applications.
- Work with JQuery templates and JSON files to expose data to the front-end
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS to create tableless websites that adhere to web standards
- Intermediate skill in Photoshop. Cutting up PSD's and optimizing images.
- Ability to work well in a team of Designers, Product Managers, QA and other developers.
- Familiarity with development in a PHP environment.
- Enjoy being an important member of our fun, fast paced, energetic and very agile team
- Knowledge with version control and bug tracking systems. ( Specifically GIT is a plus )
- Experience with AJAX technologies and techniques.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits
- Energetic, focused, and collaborative work environment
- Ability to influence UI processes and capitalize on your great ideas
- Work on a top 15 comscore website with over 100 million unique visitors monthly
- Be part of a conglomerate of top websites: Demand Studios, eHow.com, Cracked.com, LIVESTRONG.COM, TypeF.com, Trails.com, Golflink.com and many more.
- This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED