Sr. Unix Systems Administrator eMeter
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We have an exciting opportunity at eMeter for a seasoned Systems Administrator with practical experience supporting Unix/Linux and Windows server application environments. This position will have significant responsibility for ensuring the reliable infrastructures needed to support a growing company, using the latest technologies.
In order to be successful in this position, the candidate will have a solid system administration background with strong UNIX, architecture and networking skills. You should be comfortable deploying and maintaining UNIX from HP, IBM or Sun variants, Oracle database, SAN & NAS, as well as network routers, firewalls and switches.
- Perform system administration and maintenance for multi-server, virtualized application environments. Analyze and tune system performance to proactively identify trends and performance or reliability concerns
- Architect elegant and scalable systems in support of business and IT infrastructure projects
- Troubleshoot and remediate end-to-end server, network, application and database problems
- Automate server and application monitoring and support processes to provide improved quality of service
- Make creative and intelligent use of Cloud and Infrastructure services within eMeters IT portfolio
- Assist IT management in the design and delivery of business flexible, scalable, cost effective and secure IT solutions that align with corporate goals
- Maintain reliable file and print sharing services
- Perform server and database software installations, upgrades, and patches
- Develop system documentation to production environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong practical experience with multiple Unix/Linux variants (Linux, AIX, HP-UX), Microsoft Windows Server, Oracle DB and VMware
- Must be versed in current concepts around Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and able to work autonomously within a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills to balance multiple, concurrent projects and regularly communicate status and issues
- Strong working knowledge of data networks, VoIP telephony & network security
- Creative in developing solutions to resolving technical and business issues
Education and experience:
- Bachelors degree in technology oriented field (Computer Science or MIS) with 7-10 years practical experience.
- Systems and/or networking certifications are a plus.
- Experience working in a software development environment is desirable.
||2215 Bridgepointe Parkway |
San Mateo, CA 94404
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED