Sr. Web Developer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is the world's leading software used to monitor, report and analyze live streaming IT data as well as terabytes of historical data â€" located on-premisea or in the cloud. More than 2,000 organizations in 74 countries use Splunk to gain valuable insights from their IT data to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new levels of operational visibility.
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business from Disney, Infoseek, Apple, Hyperion, Autodesk, Informix, Oracle, Microsoft and Yahoo, and have built some of the most innovative IT management products of the last decade at Business Objects, Collation, Mercury, Sun and Wily.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Splunk is looking for a Sr. Web Developer with good knowledge of Python/Django and software engineering best practices to work on our web community portal, SplunkBase, working with a small, but growing web development group.
- This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team of developers improving our web store, licensing system, and other infrastructure.
- As a small, agile team we both tackle large projects as a group to, for example, do a massive integration with the product and the apps it downloads. As well, we work on smaller projects as a single engineer to do quick bug fixes or adding minor features.
- You should be ready to fire up your own dev instance of our many sites and dive into learning our systems and writing code. We adhere to a strict QA/Code review process for all commits so that we can better ourselves as engineers and learn from our peers.
Education: Got it!
- 5+ Years of Python/Django development
- Intimate knowledge of OOP programming in Python
- Experience architecting and developing web based applications
- Able to work with SOAP/REST/JSON solutions
- Comfortable working with revision control software
- Apache configuration and management experience
- Postgres configuration and schema design
- Extensive CSS/DOM knowhow
- Able to hold your own in Linux administration
- Excellent written and verbal, from business requirements to technical specifications docs
- Experience managing software distribution systems a big plus
- jQuery a real big plus
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED