Staff Accountant Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Finance | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 927
Brightcove is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to work on a variety of accounting activities as part of the month-end close process, in addition to supporting the annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Be responsible for portions of the general ledger month-end expense close and process related journal entries as needed
- Be responsible for the inter-office reporting process for international subsidiaries; initiate consolidation of all related companies in the general ledger
- Coordinate with members of the accounting and finance team on a monthly basis on prepaid expense entries
- Be responsible for entering fixed asset additions into the accounting system
- Calculate monthly depreciation expense for fixed assets and ensure appropriately recorded in the accounting system
- Participate in the balance sheet reconciliation and review process on a monthly basis for prepaid expenses, fixed assets and accruals
- Participate in other monthly close activities as necessary
- Work with auditors to answer questions and provide supporting documentation relating to quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Provide guidance and suggest improvements to the Company's existing processes in areas of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three to sixâ€‹ years of accounting experience at a public company
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to change while maintaining high productivity and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts conveniently located near South Station.
*Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services