Staff Accountant Optoro
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Reporting to the Controller, the Staff/Project Accountant is responsible for maintaining day-to-day accounting operations as well as helping to introduce new company policies and procedures and will also have an internal-audit and special project focus. This is a high-growth position that will expose the candidate to many facets of the business including tax, operations and analytics.
This position requires focus, intelligence, extreme attention to detail and self-motivation. The ideal candidate should be a quick learner that is entrepreneurial and interested in working in a fast-paced environment.
This full-time exempt position is based in our newly opened office at the corner of 7th & H St. NW in Washington DC, directly across the street from Verizon Center and Gallery Place - Chinatown Metro, accessible on the Red, Green and Yellow lines. We are also 4 blocks from the Metro Center stop on the Orange and Blue lines, 6 blocks from Union Station, and next door to Capital BikeShare, allowing for a direct commute to nearly any part of DC, Virginia, and Maryland. Our recently renovated exposed brick and open-layout office is close walking distance from dozens of good restaurants and numerous parking lots for those driving in.
- Accounts payable processing
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Sales portal payment processing reconciliations
- Inventory reconciliations
- Internal-auditing of automated journal entries
- Review of automated settlement reports
- GAAP and tax research
- Assistance with accounting policy implementation
- Monthly journal entry preparation
- Special projects as needed
- Ad-Hoc financial analyses
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by manager
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of experience
- Must be a quick learner
- Ability to research audit and tax topics and accurately report findings
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Understanding of GAAP rules
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Past exposure to tax and tax return preparation a plus
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Optoro is proud to offer a generous benefits package to our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(k) Plan with company match after 90 days of employment
- 8 Company-Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company-Sponsored Events
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Optoro is a rapidly growing technology company, providing software and ecommerce marketing solutions for excess and returned inventory. We work with some of the biggest names in retail, such as Home Depot and BJs Wholesale, and our proprietary software platform is revolutionizing the reverse logistics industry.
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: Grotech Ventures
, Revolution Growth All Jobs: at Optoro
|Headquarters:||5001-A Forbes Blvd|
Lanham, MD 20706
|Industry:||Retailing / Distribution|
|Company Profile:||Optoro is a rapidly growing technology company, providing software and ecommerce marketing solutions for excess and returned inventory. We work with some of the biggest names in retail, such as Home Depot and BJs Wholesale, and our proprietary software platform is revolutionizing the reverse logistics industry.
Originally launched in the Washington, DC area in 2004 as eSpot, Optoro was founded in 2008 and has an experienced management team with an outstanding group of investors including Revolution Growth fund (lead by former AOL executives Steve Case and Ted Leonsis) and Grotech Ventures. We are looking for individuals with energy, passion and dedication to thrive in our fast-paced, client-centric environment. For more information, please visit www.optoro.com and www.BLINQ.com.
Support Optoro with Social Media services