Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
This engineer will be responsible for crash sensing system development and implementation for Model X. He/she fully owns the crash sensing system â€œfrom womb to tombâ€.
- Develop occupant restraint electronics system specification for Model X. Facilitate sourcing process as the engineering lead.
- Develop and implement crash sensing system to meet multiple vehicle crash test requirements. Make trade-off decisions on calibration strategies.
- Interface with vehicle body design team, electronics integration team and harness team to ensure proper packaging of the crash sensing system, with consideration for robust and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Manage the design release and launch of the crash sensing system, ensure on-time and on-budget launch.
- Support crash sensing part of crash tests in different phases of the program, from early development tests to homologation tests, make sure the right parts are in each crash test car with the proper calibration software and proper installation.
- Analyze crash test data to understand crash sensing system performance, identify any issues and develop solutions.
- The ideal candidate should have launched more than one program as the lead crash sensing engineer at an OEM or tier-one supplier level.
- Overall knowledge about different crash test modes (homologation tests of US, EU and other markets, NCAP tests, IIHS tests and other consumer information or due care tests), especially the requirements related to crash sensing system.
- Expert knowledge about different sensing technologies, crash sensing strategy, algorithms and calibration.
- The â€œcan doâ€ attitude. Ability to work out ways around obstacles, see opportunities while facing difficulties.
- Excellent people skill to work with and manage suppliers.
- Good project management skills. Ability to deliver results under tight timing and limited resources.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate highly technical subjects succinctly to other team members and top management.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or other technical discipline required.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|