Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, a fun work environment and the chance to make a real contributory impact on the world.
As a Sr. Engineer with our NVH team, you will play a critical role through the design and development of Tesla products. You will use experimental techniques and expert subjective evaluation skills to shape the direction of revolutionary vehicle designs never before executed, enabled by innovative clean-sheet design methodology and Tesla's innovative EV architecture. World-class NVH performance is an absolute priority at Tesla.
- Assess the NVH Development needs for Model S Dual Motor program in the areas of acoustical materials, front motor isolation and body structure.
- Prioritize these needs and develop test plans to evaluate the NVH impact of the proposed designs for this program.
- Use the results of these tests, along with subjective evaluations and engineering judgment to affect meaningful change in the design direction of the systems which are not at optimal NVH levels.
- Translate the Model S Dual Motor knowledge to the Model X program and ensure that NVH performance in these areas is designed in from the beginning.
- Collaborate with the NVH CAE activity in correlating the Model S FEA models by conducting experimental modal analysis on Model S BIW, Trimmed Body and Full vehicle systems.
- Once Model S Dual Motor and Model X hardware is available, conduct experimental modal analysis and transfer function testing on any and all vehicle level and component level systems needed to build the FEA models for these programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, MSME a plus.
- 5+ years in automotive or related industrial NVH Development.
- Efficient and effective problem solving skills with an emphasis on combining data driven solutions with engineering judgment in a very fast moving environment.
- High energy level and â€œdo whatever it takesâ€ approach to get the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|