Staff Financial Accountant eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more thanÂ 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
We are looking for a Staff Financial Accountant who is pro-active, self-directed, and someone who possesses a high quality bar for themselves and their work product.Â The Staff Financial Accountant will be responsible for many day-to-day accounting assignments.
The ideal candidate will have two to four years of experience and a genuine interest in our business. Â We are looking for a professional with the resourcefulness to take on a new project, think through it, and readily grasp the quickest, easiest way to get to the goal.
- Performs a reconciliation of cash on a daily basis for all locations (USA, UK, AU, CA, CP)
- Downloads chargebacks from each merchant site on a weekly basis.Â Posting chargebacks to users accounts and handles all manual chargebacks not posted automatically
- Reconciles chargeback posting to admin on a weekly basis
- Reconciles chargebacks in admin, to the merchant bank and to the operating bank account on a monthly basis
- Analyzes month end differences in cash from admin to Merchant Bank
- Reconcile and analyze month end balances to supporting schedules
- Responsible for accounting for other assets and related items except for Prepaid Support
- Key liaison to credit card companies on chargeback analysis, user access, and reporting needs
- Coordinate with customer care and other groups on virtual terminal needs and manual entries
- Coordinate with IT on report automation and downloads
- Assist with monthly bank statement reconciliations
- Assist with monthly closes including but not limited to preparation of journal entries
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as may be assigned
- At least 2-4 years hands-on experience as a StaffÂ Financial Accountant with experience in general ledger journal entry preparation a plus
- Public accounting experience and CPA a plus but not required
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in accounting or other related fields
- Strong technical accounting skills required
- Must work well with co-workers, customers and others.Â This position is a key ambassador of the Finance Group to the both internal and external parties
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Well organized individual who takes initiative; can work autonomously with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and complete work in a timely basis
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong proficiency inÂ Excel including knowledge of pivot tables and other financial functions
- Experience with mid range accounting software is important; proficiency in Great Plains/Dynamics Â is a plus
- Previous experience working for an internet/technology company
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Functional Area:||Accounting / Finance|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED