Staff Firmware Engineer 110121 Lumidigm
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
The embedded firmware engineer is responsible for the architectural design and implementation of firmware components for embedded image capture and processing systems. This position requires a 4-year degree in software, electrical, or computer engineering with an advanced degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years experience in the design and development of complex real-time embedded systems for commercial and consumer products is required with +7 years preferred.
The Lumidigm development team rapidly designs and delivers reliable, high-quality, and high-performing products and solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations. The work environment is both challenging and exciting. A significant amount of personal initiative is required to excel.
- Develop drivers and board support packages for a variety of embedded DSP platforms
- Support new platform firmware development and diagnostic testing
- Optimize firmware to meet system performance requirements
- Develop new product features and provide sustaining engineering product support
- Provide technical support for product qualification, transfer to manufacturing, and field failure analysis
- Proficient in detailed design and implementation of embedded processing hardware and software architectures
- Experience developing C/C++ code and porting complex algorithms to embedded processor architectures
- Working knowledge of image processing algorithms, image enhancement, and compression algorithms highly desirable
- Extensive hardware level driver development experience (BF53x, BF52x, 8051, ARMx, SDRAM, NAND, EEPROM, USB, CMOS image sensor interface)
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD VHDL a plus
- Comfortable with various lab equipment and environments
- Problem solver, with proven real-time embedded software design and implementation skills
- Can quickly prototype code for proof-of-concept vehicles as well as for evaluating/estimating relative performance of various embedded architectural approaches
- Ambitious, self-motivator, hungry for a challenge and eager to learn.
||801 University Boulevard Southeast |
Albuquerque, NM 87106
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Biometric solutions that work in the real world.
Shipping Product Investors: Epic Ventures
, Fort Washington Investment Advisors
, Intel Capital
, Solstice Capital All Jobs: at Lumidigm
|Headquarters:||801 University Boulevard Southeast|
Albuquerque, NM 87106
|Industry:||Electronics / Instrumentation|
|Company Profile:||Lumidigm Inc. is a biometric company dedicated to enabling convenient, secure, and reliable identification and verification. Lumidigm powered sensors work because they produce high-quality images every time, in all conditions. Everyone can be enrolled. Everyone can be verified. Lumidigm also provides award-winning liveness protection. Lumidigm's sensors are quick and easy to use perfect for high-throughput deployments and they can be integrated into any solution that requires identity management in the real world. With commercial partners, venture funding, and government sponsors, Lumidigm provides biometric identity management for civil ID, point-of-sale, time & attendance, physical and logical access, and portable electronic device applications.|
Support Lumidigm with Social Media services