Staff Mechanical Design Engineer Tesla Motors
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Battery Systems
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Battery Team.
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10+ years experience in industry
Relevant skills and experience:
- Automotive component/system design including environmental and safety requirements
- Regulatory compliance and testing (SAE, FMVSS, etc)
- Battery, fuel cell, or power supply design
- Moderate to high volume tooling, materials and design
- Injection molding, stamping, extrusions, die casting, sheet metal, adhesives
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Strong CAD skills (CATIA V5 preferred)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design, analysis, and testing of mechanical components and systems in the battery pack
- Support prototype construction and process development
- Assist in vendor selection, qualification and management
- Perform component validation under dynamic and environmental conditions
- Work closely with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain teams
- Interact with teams of engineers working in other disciplines and on other subsystems
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
- You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to contribute greatly towards developing more efficient transportation.
||Deer Creek, AR |