Staff Software Engineer - Web Front End firstRain
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED FirstRain processes information from across the web through our proprietary AI technology to
generate meaningful business insights that our Fortune 500 customers subscribe to in order
to better drive their success
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
While much of what we do falls under terms like ?big data? and ?B2B Analytics? the unique
challenges that the applications team is working on solving stem from how to meaningfully
expose such complex and multifaceted content on through our web portal and embedded
This individual should bring a strong design sense coupled with a passion for developing
engaging user interfaces for large scale web properties. Your opinions will be valued in
design reviews before you?re challenged to realize our product vision through performant
implementations. We expect you to bring experience of best practices for Web Application
development and apply them to the creation of our software.
1. Implement new web application features for FirstRain?s web application portal based on
2. Deliver high-end user experience for the front-end applications using industry best
3. Participate in design and code reviews with your peers on the Web UI team.
4. Own the quality of your own code and implement basic acceptance test validation.
5. Collaborate with the services team in the specification of API requirements to enable Web
6. Collaborate with remote development resources on the implementation of FirstRain?s
Staff Software Engineer ? Web Front End
1. 5+ Years of Software Development experience is required.
etc. is preferred.
4. 3+ years? experience delivering on large-scale, complex projects is preferred.
5. 1+ year of experience programming with Java is preferred.
6. Minimum of 2 years? experience with user interface design principles and implementation
including CSS3 and HTML5 is required.
7. Understanding of Web 2.0 techniques and standards is preferred.
8. Experience using web services is required. SOAP/RESTful is desirable.
9. Good knowledge of any Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss is preferred.
10. Experience with Test Driven Development is preferred.
11. Strong understanding of object oriented development and MVC concepts is preferred.
12. Proven experience with the software lifecycle experience and the tools that enable it
including Bug Tracking and SCM systems is preferred.
13. Ability to work independently or as part of a development team with other software
engineers, project managers and quality assurance engineersis preferred.
14. BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experienceis preferred.
15. Experience of working in SCRUM/Agile programming teams is desirableis preferred.
16. Experience of web technologies (HTML, JS, CSS) for use in rendering
content/functionality on mobile devices is desirable.
||San Mateo, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED