Strategic Consultant AvePoint
Sales/Systems Engineering | Arlington, VA, United States
AvePoint Public Sector, Inc. is an independent subsidiary of AvePoint. Founded in 2001, AvePoint is the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance and infrastructure management solutions for MicrosoftÂ® SharePointÂ®. With its flagship solution, the DocAve Software Platform, AvePoint Public Sector works extensively with customers in every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces, Federal Civilian and Intelligence agencies, as well as State and Local Government to meet their mission-critical business objectives utilizing SharePoint. AvePoint Public Sector is headquartered in Arlington, VA, and is a U.S. Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships in addition to certifications, including U.S. Navy Application & Database Management System (DADMS) and U.S. Army Certificate of Networthiness (CoN). For more information, please visit www.avepoint.com.
The Strategic Consultant serves as the key technical consultant and advisor to the enterprise sales and technical solutions professional groups. The consultant works in a role to assist in the successful closings of enterprise deals and repeat purchases by utilizing consultative technical selling tactics during on-site or remote meetings with our prospective and existing enterprise customers. In addition, the principal will act as the lead consultant/architect on services engagements with our customers, providing them with best practices recommendations on the AvePoint product suite as well as SharePoint compliance and governance standards. The ideal candidate should have a solid technical background in software integration, the SharePoint platform and surrounding Microsoft technologies, and experiences in solution selling and architecting of enterprise deployments.
- BA/BS Degree (Computer Science/Engineering majors preferred) with 5 to 10 years of work experience
- Present and demonstrate AvePoint's product offerings tailored to customer objectives remotely and on-site
- Architect and sign off on enterprise implementations for the AvePoint product line and the Microsoft technology stack, including next generation product stack
- Technical lead and consultant on services engagements ranging from AvePoint product implementations and upgrade to SharePoint governance plans
- Experience in managing and running IT projects such as system migrations, consolidation, and deployment
- Solid understanding of IT governance and compliance standards such as ITIL and COBIT
- Act as the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Propose and/or design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept to assist the product selection process
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to set and meet deadlines on multiple projects without frequent supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills with exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SharePoint Services architecture, components, and configuration differences for all versions
- Experience with programming constructs, business logic development, information architecture, and taxonomy strategies supporting web services in a SharePoint/.NET environment
- Working knowledge of Relational SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 with a strong understanding of data base concepts
- Must be able to install, configure, and maintain Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, IIS, SharePoint 2007/2010, and SQL server.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, and DHCP technologies
- Experience performing distributed application production updates in a 24/7 environment
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards.
- Working knowledge of developing, deploying, testing and supporting SharePoint/.NET applications using Visual Studio (VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, SilverLight, Java, WPF and ADO.NET) a plus.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |