Sales/Systems Engineering | Chicago, IL, United States
AvePoint Client Services | Jersey City, NJ, United States
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, helping more than 10,000 customers. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Application Development Partner and Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
The Strategic Consultant serves as the key technical consultant/architect on services engagements with our clients. The ideal candidate must be able to provide clients with best practices recommendations on SharePoint Intranet implementations using the 2013 and/or 2010 platforms. The Strategic Consultant will evaluate, manage and participate in SharePoint consulting engagements as the technical lead, representing the technical delivery team. The ideal candidate should have a solid technical background in the SharePoint platform and surrounding Microsoft technologies, software development and experience in solution selling and architecting enterprise line of business applications. Finally, the candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in architectural design and development with a focus on planning, deploying or supporting enterprise-level SharePoint programs.
- Propose and/or design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept to assist the product selection process.
- Contribute to or take responsibility for proposal development and estimation
- BA/BS Degree (Computer Science/Engineering majors preferred) with 10+ years of work experience
- Technical lead and consultant on services engagements ranging from AvePoint product implementations and upgrade to SharePoint governance plans
- Experience in managing and running IT projects such as system migrations, consolidation, and deployment
- Solid understanding of IT governance and compliance standards such as ITIL and COBIT
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to set and meet deadlines on multiple projects without frequent supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills with exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Proficient in managing multiple engagements running in parallel
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SharePoint Services architecture, components, and configuration differences for all versions
- Experience with programming constructs, business logic development, information architecture, and taxonomy strategies supporting web services in a SharePoint/.NET environment
- Working knowledge of Relational SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 with a strong understanding of data base concepts
- Must be able to install, configure, and maintain Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, IIS, SharePoint 2010, 2013, and SQL server
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, and DHCP technologies
- Experience performing distributed application production updates in a 24/7 environment
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards
- Working knowledge of developing, deploying, testing and supporting SharePoint/.NET applications using Visual Studio (VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, SilverLight, Java, WPF and ADO.NET) a plus
<< Back to Current Openings