Structures Technician (F9) / 2nd Shift SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Structures Technician (F9) / 2nd Shift
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Modification, repair, assembly, and installation of the rocket and spacecraft.
- Use tooling holes, pilot holes, or by hand (as required), per drawing or tooling instructions.
- Align parts and secure in place using Clecos or tooling/hand clamps.
- Check for good edge margins and alignment.
- Shim and/or trim parts as required.
- Select drill bits, reamers and/or countersinking tools for pilot and full size holes.
- Locate, drill pilot holes using drill motor and proper size drill bit(s).
- Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor.
- Set countersinking tools to proper depth as required.
- Disassemble parts and deburr holes using chip chasers, deburring tools, and files to prepare for installation of fasteners.
- Use solvents to clean surfaces prior to sealing or assembly.
- Apply sealant, alodine, primer, adhesives, special finishes. Load and unload ovens to bond detail parts to assemblies
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners.
- Cold work holes to prepare for close tolerance fastener installation.
- Install bushings into housings using arbor press and/or hydraulic puller.
- Apply liquid nitrogen to facilitate installation of bushings.
- Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner).
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing.
- High school diploma or higher.
- 5 - 10 years of structural assembly experience.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions).
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Capable of visualizing a three-dimensional shape from a two-dimensional view and understanding symbols, flag notes, and general notes.
- Operate computing equipment.
- Drill, ream, hone and/or countersink straight and close tolerance holes.
- Use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, floor-mounted power tools and precision measuring tools.
- Make basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours, and be available for overtime, as necessary.
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing company is a plus.
- High-volume manufacturing experience is a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED