Structures Test Software Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Structures Test Software Engineer
Structures Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
The Structures Test Software Engineer will work in a fast-paced test environment, providing software support for the test group's data acquisition and control needs. Additionally, they should help with the planning and implementation of data acquisition and control systems for future test stands and facilities. Specific responsibilities associate with this job include, but are not limited to:
- Labview programming support for data acquisition and control systems.
- Implementation of closed loop control for automated test setups.
- Programming support for data post-processing tools.
- Selection and implementation of data acquisition and control hardware to meet test stand requirements.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree is required in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or software engineering, (A Master's degree is encouraged, but not required)
- Experience with LabVIEW and other LabVIEW constructs: TestStand, LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA
- NI Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certification is highly desired.
- Hands-on work with testing and data acquisition
- Mechanical aptitude and experience
- Demonstrated experience where quick-thinking and problem solving plays a critical role
- Hands-on laboratory or test facility experience, preferred
- Experience using test instrumentation and control components: pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, flow meters, load cells, relays, solenoid valves, preferred
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding electrical schematics
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Software/Computer Skills and Required Skill Level:
- Windows Operating Systems, Intermediate
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Intermediate
- NI Labview, Intermediate
- Visual Basic, Intermediate
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- The ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment
- Good response to challenges posed by short deadlines
- Prolonged mental concentration (under possible extended work hours)
- Acute attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A positive, upbeat attitude
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only US citizens and US Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED