Summer Editorial Intern, Comedy HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED HuffPost Comedy has an opening for a summer internship in our New York Office. Our intern is considered a part of the editorial team and can expect to be fully immersed in Web comedy and given a crash course on CMS and social media, and how they function within a modern journalistic environment. While our intern's main duties are research-based, he/she is more than welcome to pitch and create content (although this is not required or expected). This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Researching content
- Pitching and writing original story ideas
- Suggesting stories for aggregation
- Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Comedy editors and reporters
- General administrative duties
- Searching for suitable photos to execute slideshows and other projects
- Reformatting pieces from partner sites to fit our system
Requirements for Success:
- Strong comedy sensibilities
- Familiarity with "web culture" -- i.e., always on the lookout for memes, trends, viral videos, breaking stories, etc
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- Background in comedy a plus
- Follows media and cycles
- Previous journalism experience is required- you must be able to write quickly, accurately, and well, all while having strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Creativity is key- you must think outside the box!
- Internet junkies are welcome- the more you love devouring online content, the better! We are looking for the type of candidate who can spot viral content- before it goes viral!
- Meticulous dedication to detail is key
- Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
- Familiarity with Photoshop preferred
- Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest, etc.
- Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
- Basic HTML experience preferred
This internship is located in our New York, NY office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates (Only December 2012 and later graduates will be considered for this role). It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr. This internship will run from early June through mid August.
About HuffPost- The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED