Summer Intern ATG (Cell Biology) Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
The position is intended to support research studies conducted within the Advanced technology group. The intern will plan, perform and anlyze experiments under supervision as part of a project that investigates the feasibility of NanoLuc as a detection reagents for immunoassay. Towards the end of the study the intern is expected to present the data he/she generated to the ATG team. Candidates must have a basic understanding of experimental biology with emphasis on cell and molecular biology, ideally with some hands-on experience in cell culture, and basic lab skills.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Principally involved in helping with the execution of laboratory experiments. Carry out and understand intent of experiments with direction. Training position. Receives daily supervision on routine work.
1. Apply textbook knowledge of scientific principles to achieve technical objectives.
2. Become competent in the application of one technique (e.g., sequencing).
3. Prepare technical data at rudimentary level.
4. Understand role in team environment.
5. Interact effectively with co-workers and team members.
6. Follow project plan with assistance.
7. Understand how work activity is tied to meeting a customer need.
8. Work at bench.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Must be currently enrolled in a degree program in the life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.).
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED