Supervisor, Product Finishing Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise Product Finishing personnel (Packing, Labels and/or Dispensing) and oversee general operation of the area.
1. Supervise staff ? develop and maintain job descriptions; interview, hire/terminate personnel; conduct performance reviews and recommend/approve promotions and compensation/recognition for personnel in the Product Finishing area.
2. Ensure product quality ? work closely with Process Engineering group to implement designs and process improvements. Develop and monitor applicable quality metrics and take the lead in the continuous improvement of products, services and processes. Investigate customer complaints and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrence of chronic or severe quality problems. Assure compliance to ISO standards and other applicable quality system requirements. Write and modify SOPs as needed. Coordinate the creation and modifications Diagrams.
3. Ensure employees are trained to do their job ? oversee and monitor the training of all employees in the Product Finishing area.
4. Support the corporate strategic plan - develop departmental goals that align with corporate objectives and educate staff on how their jobs relate to both.
5. Maintain efficiency ? establish and maintain clear performance metrics, including productivity metrics to share with staff and use to determine improvement opportunities.
6. Communicate appropriately and in a timely manner ? coordinate and ensure that staff are aware of changes, including updated procedures. Maintain communication with the Product Finishing staff and other departments to ensure proper balance and timeliness of workflow. Coordinate personnel issues with MARC working with the Promega Processing Engineering team. Assist with the timely coordination of departmental deviations, process changes, and hold/reject forms to comply with the Promega Quality System.
7. Project Management -initiate and coordinate intradepartmental and cross-departmental projects as necessary, including custom orders. Provide support to management for special projects or duties.
8. Serve as back-up Assistant Supervisor or Packaging/Dispensing Technician when necessary.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/ROLES:
1. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
2. Assist with the coordination of new product launches or reconfigurations.
3. Provide backup for department manager.
1. Bachelor?s degree and minimum 3 years of experience in packaging and inventory control or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Past supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership capabilities.
3. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, production planning and e-mail.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Experience with problem solving and decision-making.
6. Experience in packaging and/or product finishing environment.
1. Three years experience in packaging and inventory control or related discipline.
2. Experience working in an ISO 9000 and/or QSR environment.
3. Attentive to detail and meticulous in record keeping.
1. Ability to work in a laboratory environment.
2. Ability to work in an office environment.
3. Ability to work with chemical, biological and packaging materials.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED