Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Supervisor, Supplier Quality team will ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process. This position will oversee approximately 5 employees in the SQE group, including Inspectors and Technicians.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process.
- Develop & maintain Standardized Work Instructions used throughout the manufacturing quality organization by the QC team members.
- Support the development of control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Develop training programs and hire plans for Inspector team members.
- Manage inspector team members and develop the team structures used in the Tesla Factory.
- Lead issue resolution in conjunction with the Quality Engineering groups for all shops in the Tesla Factory incl. root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Lead / facilitate review and disposition of discrepant materials identified.
- Work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, and Supply Chain teams
- Preferred - BS or higher degree
- 5+ years' experience working in a automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience managing teams of people in a production environment
- Experience or knowledge of world class production and quality systems
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience in new vehicle development and launch activities
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques incl. Coordinate Measurement Machines
- Ability to work with and develop quality performance metrics (i.e. FTQ, scrap rate)
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.