Supplier Process Engineer - Assembly Operations (Interior, Trim and Electro-Mechanical Assemblies) Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Supplier Process Engineer will be responsible for managing the development, selection, implementation & optimization of Assembly Operations (Interior and Exterior trim, Electromechanical assemblies, ..) at our suppliers.
- Has the responsibility, across all the commodities, to achieve industrial excellence for complex assembly operations at our suppliers
- Work with Product Design and Industrial Design to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes and equipment.
- Identify cost improvement on our products by working with suppliers to improve producability, reduce cycle-times, improve efficiencies and other methods to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Work with Global Supplier Managers to identify capable suppliers, assess their secondary processes for capacity, quality and cost.
- He/she is able to assess cost breakdown and provide feedback to the Global Supplier Managers to challenge the quotations
- Work with suppliers and the Supplier quality Engineers in to define and refine tooling, fixtures and establish capability.
- Audit supplier processes and assembly processes.
- Responsible for auditing and challenging secondary operation process yields and capacity to meet program requirements.
- Supports and coach the Supplier Quality Engineers in root cause analysis studies and corrective action plan implementation.
- Periodic overseas travel required
- BS/ MS with 8+ years high volume mechanical product manufacturing experience in a leading role.
- Training in mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering or related disciplines.
- Experience developing manufacturing processes involving plastic / metal assemblies in high volume environment
- Global experience is a plus.
- Strong background developing tooling, fixtures, jigs for plastics and metal enclosure parts across a variety of fabrication and assembly processes.
- Additional experience with product design, managing quality, and product documentation is a plus.
- Must have excellent Excel skills, good understanding of GD&T & statistics application, strong failure analysis skills. 3D CAD experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineers and supply chain personnel.
- Good negotiation, written and verbal skills.
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details.
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
||Fremont, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED