Supplier Quality Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Supplier Quality Engineer
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Provide technical support and quality oversight in the procurement of launch vehicle parts, components and subassemblies.
- Working closely with Engineering, Procurement and Production teams to assure high quality parts and services that meet all requirements.
- Apply sound, systematic problem solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedures, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Develop and deploy continuous improvement initiatives to support supplier development and performance goals. Performs supplier capability evaluations for initial approvals, ongoing surveillance, auditing and performance assessments.
- Maintains supplier performance metrics, scorecards and uses statistical analysis and problem solving techniques to determine product quality, to evaluate process capabilities and drive continual improvement.
- Reviews discrepant outsourced hardware and supports material review process.
- Drives supplier corrective and preventive action process to eliminate recurring nonconformances and assure high quality parts are delivered that meet all requirements.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Bachelor degree in a technical engineering field is required.
- 6 years minimum relevant experience in aerospace or automotive supplier quality management.
- Hands on experience surveying, auditing and assessing supplier capabilities and compliance to contract, specifications and industry standards is required.
- Required experience working with machining, processing, castings or COPV's as a Supplier Quality Engineer.
- ASQ CQE or CQM certification, AS9100 RABQSA trained auditor, lean six-sigma training is a plus. Practical experience with Quality Management Systems standards (AS9100 and ISO 9001).
- Strong knowledge and experience working with design data systems, manufacturing enterprise resource systems, electronic databases, and Microsoft applications is preferred.
- Ideal candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication abilities, as well as interpersonal skills that aid in achieving both primary and multi-departmental goals.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED