Supplier Quality Engineer - HVAC/THERMAL SYSTEMS Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles â€" relentlessly driving down the cost of electric vehicles. It is currently the only U.S. automaker that builds and sells highway-capable EVs in serial production. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs and EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered more than 1,600 Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region. Model S, the first premium sedan to be built from the ground up as an electric vehicle, goes on the market in mid-2012.
- Plan, organize, direct and perform all supplier quality related activities within supply chain team for assigned commodities, including identification of risk and mitigation in conjunction with engineering, purchasing, planning and production teams.
- Lead supplier quality audits according to Tesla internal audit requirements for new supplier evaluations and approvals as well as process series/first run & run@rate process evaluations. Eventual re-auditing as required until final PPAP is approved and requalification of significant suppliers on a yearly basis.
- Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance including cost reduction activities.
- Perform troubleshooting with suppliers to bring quality issues to resolution. Review SCAR/8D(Supplier Corrective Action) and verify the effectiveness of supplier actions through subsequent product inspections/receipts/visits.
- Ensure procured product meets drawings, specifications, processes and requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Quality audits at supplier sites as needed including new supplier assessments.
- APQP, PPAP, project tracking though internal databases.
- Organize and attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings with suppliers, engineering, purchasing.
- Tesla Production â€" Coordinating rework, sort and MRB activities including RMA collection.
- Minimum 5 years supplier quality experience in the automotive industry desired, but not required.
- Advanced understanding of the procedures and practices in the field of Supplier Quality Assurance and Production Part Approval Process(PPAP)
- Experience with manufacturing & production processes for hydraulic & electro/mechanical components.
- Exceptional ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings with strong command of GD&T including identifying significant characteristics within the design specification.
- Experience with design validation and reporting requirements as well as EOL test specification specifically for thermal components is an advantage.
- Knowledge of TS-16939, lean manufacturing, six sigma, IMDS, VDA 6.3 is beneficial
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering (Electrical Engineering considered)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and be able to handle occasional high pressure/stress situations for resolving urgent issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent and professional interpersonal skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Strong technical writing ability. Strong computer skills in MS Word, Access, Excel and Powerpoint.
- 30-40% travel, possibly on short notice.
||Fremont, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED